Stay Cool This Summer
As the weather gets warmer, it can be tempting to crank up the AC. However, doing so can drive up your energy bill. You can do a few things to stay cool without overusing your AC. We’ve compiled a list of our top tips for staying cool this summer without breaking the bank. Here they are:
These are the common tips you’ve probably heard before, but it can never hurt to have a little reminder!
1. Maintain your AC. First, make sure your AC unit is properly maintained. This means regularly changing the filter and keeping the coils clean. A well-maintained AC unit will run more efficiently, using less energy and saving you money.
2. Utilize your ceiling fans. A ceiling fan can help circulate air and make a room feel cooler without using as much energy as an AC.
4. Be strategic with your windows. During the day, keep blinds closed to keep the sun out. At night, close them up to keep the cool air in. You can also use awnings or shade screens to keep the sun out.
These tips are a little more outside the box. Get creative with how you stay cool!
3. Find some “cold” activities. Do things that require less heat, like swimming, eating cool foods, or spending time in air-conditioned places, like the movie theater.
5. Dress for the heat. Wear loose, light-colored clothing to help stay cool and reflect the heat.
6. Drink lots of fluids. Staying hydrated is key in hot weather. Drink water and avoid alcoholic or sugary drinks.
9. Avoid using heat-producing appliances. Things like the oven, stovetop, and hair dryer will only make you hotter. Try to use them sparingly or not at all on hot days.
You can do a few key things to stay cool this summer without overusing your AC. Following these tips can stay cool and comfortable all summer long. If you run into issues with your AC this summer, call us at 734-375-1119.
Why Choose Iceberg Heating & Cooling?
Family-Owned & -Operated Since 1998
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 24-hour emergency services
- Financing & payment plans
- Comprehensive maintenance plans
- Background-checked & drug-tested employees
- Licensed & insured
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau