Should I Invest in a Heat Pump?
Knowing what’s right for your HVAC system is important when maintaining the quality of your home. You never want to invest money in an appliance that offers little benefit or switch to a different type of HVAC that increases your energy bill. Before performing any installation, we at Iceberg Heating & Cooling recommend doing your research on the improvements best for you. Luckily, we have provided some insight on one device to consider: the heat pump.
A heat pump is a multi-use device for your home HVAC system. Although the heat pump’s name makes it seem like it only provides heat, it’s actually a notable supplement for both heating and air conditioning. Its ability to pump air in and out of your home offers a comfortable preference for your indoor air quality. Knowledge of a heat pump guides you in the right direction when dealing with your HVAC, as you should be aware of the pros and cons of switching to this device. Luckily, the professionals at Iceberg have compiled a list of the pros and cons of a heat pump, and whether or not you should switch to this system.
More Energy Efficiency
- Since a heat pump relies on outside air to function, energy consumption drastically decreases as it performs.
- With lower energy comes a lower utility bill, as a heat pump consumes as little as one fourth the energy usage from conventional heating.
Dual Heating/Air Conditioning Functionality
- A heat pump is a viable substitute for both your heating and cooling needs, making each season a more pleasant experience for you.
- In the winter, a heat pump warms up outside air and pumps it through your home, making the chilly season one that is both comfortable and energy efficient.
- In the summer, a heat pump draws out the warm air from your home and gives optimal comfort as you enjoy the hot season.
- Adding to its benefit, a heat pump requires lower maintenance compared to a furnace or boiler.
- Heat pumps have long lifespans ranging from 20-30 years, and its straightforward design means chances of maintenance are much lower.
- With the maintenance itself already at a low cost, maintaining a heat pump is easier than ever!
Maintains Indoor Air Quality
- Since a heat pump is working year-round, expect to easily maintain your preferred indoor air quality.
- Ensuring optimal indoor air is made easy with your heat pump working at a consistent rate, allowing you to focus on its functionality and improve the quality of your home.
Higher Initial Cost
- Although heat pumps are more energy efficient, they tend to have a higher initial cost than conventional systems.
- Heat pumps can range from $1,000-40,000, not to mention the cost of installing it in your home.
Vulnerable to Outdoor Weather
- Since heat pumps are placed in an outside location, they are susceptible to harsh weather conditions.
- Storms, snow, and ice can all cause your heat pump to stop working, and may even damage your system if severe.
- Build-up of leaves and debris can prevent your heat pump from working properly and must be cleared to ensure its operation.
Lower Heat Generation
- Although heat pumps can be a substitute for a furnace or boiler, they may not provide the strongest heating.
- In severe cold weather, heat pumps are not as effective as furnaces when it comes to heating your home.
- Consider your weather conditions when determining if a heat pump is worth having.
A little knowledge about heat pumps will help you decide if one is right for your home. If you have done your research and are ready to install a heat pump, contact Iceberg Heating & Cooling today! We strive to offer only the best for Monroe homeowners, and our heat pump services guarantee you’ll receive affordable quality for your HVAC system. Give us a call at 734-342-3420 to schedule an appointment and meet your local heat pump experts.
Why Choose Iceberg Heating & Cooling?
Family-Owned & -Operated Since 1998
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 24-hour emergency services
- Financing & payment plans
- Comprehensive maintenance plans
- Background-checked & drug-tested employees
- Licensed & insured
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau