Don’t Let Allergies Bring You Down
Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? It can be frustrating because while most people relish in the arrival of spring, you’re stuck trapped indoors sneezing, dealing with puffy eyes and scratchy throats having a miserable time. We’re on a mission to make springtime more enjoyable even for our allergy folks, so keep reading for our best tips.
Replace Your Air Filters
Normally, we encourage homeowners to replace their air filters every 90 days; however, during allergy season, far more pollutants circulate throughout your home and get trapped in your filters, causing them to be less efficient than normal. Because of this, we recommend replacing your filters every 30 days, especially if you have someone with sensitive allergies at home.
This will allow your filters to trap allergens more efficiently and keep them from floating throughout the house.
Keep Up With Cleaning
We’re sure you have a cleaning routine of some sort that you stick to throughout the year, but during allergy season, we recommend being super diligent with a few particular aspects of that list.
- Vacuum. Make vacuuming a part of your weekly cleaning routine or multiple times a week. It’s a great way to get dirt, dust, and pollutants off the ground before they have a chance to circulate throughout your home.
- Dust. Since dust is made up of a wide variety of microparticles, there’s some kind of allergen for everyone in each particle. Make sure to stay diligent with dusting your furniture all throughout allergy season.
If you’re doing all of the above and still dealing with allergy attacks, then it’s time to call in the pros. We would be happy to help tackle your allergies this season. Just visit our website or give us a call at 734-342-3420 to set up an appointment.
Why Choose Iceberg Heating & Cooling?
Family-Owned & -Operated Since 1998
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 24-hour emergency services
- Financing & payment plans
- Comprehensive maintenance plans
- Background-checked & drug-tested employees
- Licensed & insured
- Military, veteran & senior discounts
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau