Christmas is about celebrating those you love and care about; your friends, family, and those in need. But what about your heating unit? Your heater gives you warmth and comfort during the harsh Michigan winters. It protects you from the bitter cold and even helps prevent freezing pipes. Your heater gives its best to you – so why not honor it as well? The professionals at Iceberg Heating & Cooling know the importance of giving back to your HVAC system. Through our HVAC experience, we have a few ideas on gifts that will not only benefit your heater- but your household as well! Although your heater won’t necessarily thank you, these gifts will enhance its capabilities and maintain your comfort for the holidays.
Here are 5 Christmas presents your heater.
- Heating requires clean air to be efficient, and this gift helps to maintain a healthy indoor air quality for your home.
- Filters protect your heating from dust and debris and allow adequate airflow for proper heat distribution.
- Change your filters every 2-3 months, or once you notice build-up.
- Replacing your filter gifts your heater with breathing room, and especially helps if you have pets or people with allergies in your home.
- Attic Insulation
- Attic insulation stops warm air from escaping your home, ensuring your heater is more efficient.
- Check your attic to see the quality of your insulation and if it needs to be replaced.
- Signs of inefficient insulation include drafts and cold spots, high energy bills, and, most obviously, insulation compromised by mold or pests.
- There are several different types of insulation you can put in yourself such as blanket, reflective, and foam spray.
- Always use full body protection when installing insulation, meaning you should wear hats, gloves, goggles, dust masks, long sleeve shirts, jeans, and closed toe shoes or boots.
- If you are unsure about installing new insulation, contact a professional.
- Programmable (Learning) Thermostat
- Sometimes, your heater just wants to talk to you, but the only way it can communicate is through a thermostat.
- Since your thermostat gives communication between you and your heater, why not make it smarter?
- Programmable thermostats increase the functionality of your heater and save you money with specified energy usage.
- With a programmable thermostat, you can schedule times for specific comfort levels, and have a different schedule for each day of the week.
- Modern variations of programmable thermostats also give you full functionality from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Bathroom/Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- An exhaust fan helps to remove moisture in your bathroom and kitchen. Exhaust fans work with your heating system to ensure proper humidity levels.
- Signs you need a new bathroom or kitchen exhaust fan are clanking sounds, slow turn-on, and moisture build-up even when turned on.
- A new exhaust fan will help improve the indoor air quality of your home, and also helps prevent mold and mildew from developing.
- If you are unsure about the efficiency your current exhaust fans, contact Iceberg for affordable air quality services.
- Heating Maintenance
- The best gift for your heater is an annual date with a skilled technician.
- HVAC technicians can restore full function to your heater and enhance the capabilities of your system.
- Iceberg Heating & Cooling provides quality heating maintenance services to give your heating the best gift of all: performance.
Give back to your unit this Christmas with these presents for your heater sure to benefit the entire household. If you are ready to perform maintenance on your heater, contact Iceberg Heating & Cooling today! Being the premier HVAC company in Monroe for several years, we strive to provide excellent heating maintenance services for our Michigan homeowners. Give us a call at (734) 375-1119 and meet your jolly HVAC technicians!