Water Heater installation in Ann ArborQuick, Efficient & Affordable Water Heater Replacement
Is your water heater decades old? Is it barely providing enough warm water to take a five minute shower? When your water heater is pretty much out of commission, it might be time to replace it with a new one, rather than try to repair it.
For water heater installation in Ann Arbor, come to Iceberg Heating & Cooling. We’re the trusted name in local water heater projects and other home services. With our highly trained technicians and commitment to getting everything done right, on time, and quickly, we think we should be your first choice, too. Plus, we offer 24-hour emergency services when you’re in a pinch!
Give us a call at (734) 375-1119 to discuss water heater installation options in Ann Arbor.
How to Know Your Water Heater Should Be Replaced
Having regular maintenance performed on your water heater will help it last longer and prevent frequent repairs. However, most water heaters typically only last 8-12 years and will eventually need to be replaced even if well taken care of. If your Ann Arbor water heater is old, you have a leak, or you are looking to save money on utilities by upgrading to a more energy efficient model, water heater replacement is likely the best option for you.
It might be time to replace your water heater if it is:
- Decades old: A general rule of the water heater industry is that most models should be replaced after 10 years of use. Most water heater serial numbers start with a letter and then two numbers that represent the age it was manufactured. For example, if your water heater says “T08” at the start of its serial number, then it is likely it was manufactured in 2008 and should be replaced.
- Producing rusty water: When rusty water is coming out of your pipes, it could be coming from your water heater, if it is rusting on the inside. Our water heater technicians can diagnose your water heater to see if the rust is coming from it, or from your pipes.
- Rumbling: Your water heater should be relatively quiet, so when it starts making noises, you know something unusual is occurring. Loud, persistent rumbles are generally a telltale sign that the water heater is experiencing cracks and defects, which are usually best handled with a replacement and new installation.
- Leaking: Water pooling around your water heater is indicative of a serious leak coming from the tank. Just as with loud rumbles, major leaks are sometimes handled most cost efficiently by simply replacing the old or damaged water heater.
How Long Does a Water Heater Last in Ann Arbor?
Traditional electric or gas water heaters store heated water in insulated storage tanks that usually last 10 - 15 years. Check the serial number on the unit to find out when it was manufactured.
Can I Install a Water Heater Myself?
Short answer: “don’t”
Installation of a tankless water heater is exceptionally difficult, and few homeowners even attempt it. Installing a storage tank water heater is also not an easy task.
You can suffer serious injury, financial loss, and even legal liability if you do not follow plumbing codes. Improper installation can build up pressure in the tank until it explodes, launching itself through whatever is above it. Anyone nearby can suffer serious injury.
Generally speaking, most homeowner insurance policies require plumbers to be hired for installations or the coverage is voided. Similarly, most manufacturer warranties will be voided without a licensed technician doing the work.
Professional Water Heater Installation
Getting started with DIY home improvements can be fun if you pick the right project. In the case of a water heater, however, professional installation is recommended. Having experienced Ann Arbor plumbers handle the installation can easily help you avoid leaks and other headaches. Our company is proud to serve the Greater Ann Arbor area and offers many benefits to our clients, including:
- Fair Pricing - We provide honest, transparent pricing with no hidden fees
- Top-Rated Products - We use only high-quality products when we deliver high-value work.
- Experienced Plumbers - Our water heater installers are certified, licensed, and insured.
- Fast Installation - Since we understand the inconvenience of not having hot water, our team will do whatever it takes to complete your water heater installation services as soon as possible.
Not every water heater is the same as the next, of course. Our Ann Arbor water heater installation specialists at Iceberg Heating & Cooling like to take the time to discuss your water heater options with you so you get the right make, model, and brand for your home. We also offer water heater maintenance to help you prolong the life of your water heater. It is all part of how we dedicate ourselves to providing the absolute best possible services to the people of our communities!Call today or contact us online to schedule a water heater replacement in Ann Arbor! We serve all of Monroe County.