Reliable Emergency Furnace Repair services in Taylor
Providing wayne county residents with furnace solutions Since 1998
It’s hard to run a functioning Michigan home without a working furnace. In the dead of winter, your furnace is basically the lifeblood of your house—keeping you warm during dangerously cold temperatures and actually saving you money, if maintained properly. Of course, there are times when even the most well-maintained furnace starts to malfunction, which is why it’s important to have a skilled HVAC tech on the ready. Fortunately, Iceberg Heating & Cooling provides Taylor furnace repair when you need it most, and all at a reasonable cost.
Our licensed, permitted, insured, and trained mechanical heating contractors come equipped to every service call with the tools and technology necessary to get the job done right and right on time. We are familiar with a range of makes and models of equipment, and use all the industry-leading product, to ensure your system never gets anything but the best. For furnace repairs that’ll save you from the cold, feel free to call Iceberg Heating & Cooling day or night.
If you live in Taylor and are feeling extra chilly this winter, don’t hesitate to have our furnace repair experts take a look at your equipment, Just dial (734) 375-1119 now.
Common Signs That Your Furnace Needs Repair
- Foul or Burning Smells - When a furnace is turned on for the first time since it has been turned off, it can smell like the fuel it uses. Usually, this smell dissipates once the furnace starts running. However, if you notice a strong fuel odor around your unit, if it appeared suddenly, or if it didn't disappear over time, then it's likely you have a furnace problem.
- Discolored Pilot Light - Keep an eye on the color of your pilot light. It should be blue. An unusually yellow pilot light may be indicative of a problem with the ventilation system.
- Not Enough Heat - When a furnace is not functioning properly, it is one of the most obvious signs that it needs repairs. Regardless of how your thermostat is set, if your furnace is not producing heat, schedule repairs. Leaky ductwork and thermostats that fail to communicate with the furnace unit are the main causes of insufficient heat.
- Nonstop Noises - There is no such thing as a quiet furnace, but loud and persistent noises can indicate a serious problem. When your HVAC contractor inspects the system, be aware of the sounds you hear and describe them if you can. Squealing and whistling may indicate issues with the belt or fan, whereas banging and groaning can indicate damaged and loose internal components.
- Low Air Quality - Home air quality is directly influenced by the furnace system. The heated air may carry dirt, bacteria, and other foreign particles throughout your home if it is not maintained properly. In addition to more dust floating in the air, you might also experience frequent coughs, colds, and other respiratory ailments. Itchy eyes, watery eyes, and headaches may also occur if you have allergies or someone in your family does.
WHY ISN'T MY FURNACE TURNING ON?
Michigan's winters are brutally cold, which is why a functioning furnace is vital! You don't want a heating system that doesn't work when the temperature drops. Several factors can cause this to happen.
Why Your Furnace Won't Start:
Circuit Breaker - Using too much energy at once can trip the circuit breaker, causing your furnace to shut off. You can fix this by resetting the circuit breaker.
Thermostat - Using the thermostat, the heating system receives the temperature. If the furnace won’t start, it might be because the thermostat has lost its programming, has reset, or is broken.
When to Call Our Taylor Furnace Repair Pros
Furnaces that have received regular maintenance should last around 20 years, while even those that have not received regular maintenance often have a lifespan of at least 15 years. However, it is essential that you are proactive about calling for furnace repairs when you need them, if you want to get the most out of your system. If you have noticed that your furnace is malfunctioning, consider changing the filter. You may also want to reset the unit, and see whether the pilot light has gone out. If you perform all these tasks, and still find that your furnace is not working, you should call one of our experienced HVAC technicians right away. We can offer experienced repair services or even provide replacement if necessary.
Our Taylor furnace professionals provide repairs including:
- Replacing or adjusting the furnace belt
- Stopping continuous hot air blowing from the furnace
- Replacing broken furnace parts (including the pulley, belt, motor, and more)
- Repairing furnace wiring
- Fixing furnace gas leaks*
*Per this last point, it is extremely important to note that if you believe your furnace is experiencing a gas leak, you should call the Taylor fire department and evacuate your home immediately. As soon as you do that, you should also contact our repair techs. Gas leaks are one of the most dangerous issues your heating equipment can experience, so you always want to act immediately to take care of them.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Across the United States, the average cost of repairing a furnace is $270. Most homeowners who own a furnace heating system end up paying between $135 and $422 for their repair service. Most furnaces break down during the winter season, of course. During this time of year, many homeowners run their systems on a daily basis. The majority of furnaces are quite efficient, yet even the newest models cannot maintain their output all day, every day.
Our customers can expect affordable prices from Iceberg Heating & Cooling. The best way to find out how much furnace repair will cost for your home is to simply give us a call. Upon examining your furnace and finding the problem, our heating technician will provide you with a comprehensive quote. Taylor customers can take advantage of our upfront pricing and flexible payment plans. Learn more about our financing options on our financing page.
Contact Our Taylor Furnace Repair Team Today
Iceberg Heating & Cooling is known throughout Taylor and the surrounding areas for going above and beyond for our customers. Our goal is nothing less than 100% customer satisfaction on each and every job. That’s why we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and why we have been an established staple for quality service for over 20 years.
When you call our Taylor furnace repair techs, you get:
- 24-Hour emergency services
- Affordable financing and payment options
- Comprehensive maintenance plans
- Comfort guarantees
- Special offers and coupons