Thanksgiving is close, which means it’s time to reflect on the family and friends that we are most thankful for. At Iceberg Heating & Cooling, we feel it is also important to appreciate our homes. Our homes help provide comfort, protection and good health every day of the year. In the Monroe winter, they also provide heat when the temperatures fall well below freezing.
Reasons to Be Thankful for Heaters
When it’s time to give thanks, putting your heater on the list is important as well. Sure, giving thanks to your heater might seem a bit of a stretch, but every day throughout the next few months it’s definitely going to be thanking you back. The staff at Iceberg has put together a list of essential reasons why it’s important to acknowledge (and even “thank”) your heating system as the holidays approach.
The Warmth It Gives During the Coldest Times
- Winters in Monroe bring cold front after cold front, with no end in sight.
- Your heater shelters you and your family against the cold weather, providing warmth and comfort to your home.
- Cold fronts turn from unpleasant experiences to comforting family moments, with your heater alleviating the extreme cold.
- Winter can bring enjoyment through the holidays and extended breaks, so your heater works overtime to provide the necessary comfort that’s associated with the season.
The Health It Ensures
- There are times when someone in your family comes down with a cold; your heater is there to help.
- A heater can help kill viruses and other airborne toxins that can make you sick.
- A heating system ensures that the temperature is consistent, which is key in keeping a household healthy throughout the winter.
- A heater, combined with a humidifier, can keep colds and other respiratory problems at bay during the dry winters.
The Protection It Offers
- Winter in Michigan is rough – and can be damaging to a home. Your heater ensures that the cold and freezing temps create minimal damage to the exterior.
- Your heating system helps to protect the plumbing in your home. Along with proper insulation, a warm home can ensure pipes don’t freeze and crack.
- Your heater protects your pets from the elements; ensuring a dry, warm space for them to inhabit during the worst of the winter weather.
The Long Evolution of Your Heater
- The origins of a heater date back to about 100,000 years ago with humans using fire in a controlled fashion to best utilize its power.
- Hundreds of inventors and technicians have dedicated their lives to making the heater and heating systems better and more efficient.
- The evolution throughout the years from masonry stoves to chimneys to Edison’s electric heater has ensured the health and very propagation of the civilized world.
- Living in the modern age, technicians and inventors continue to update and improve upon the heater. While others, such as Iceberg, concentrate on installing, repairing, and maintaining heaters.
This season, while you are giving thanks, remember to acknowledge the heater and the many people behind its creation and evolution. You will also want to remember the professionals at Iceberg Heating & Cooling in case anything goes wrong with your heating system. Whether it’s a furnace, boiler or heat pump, we can help with emergency repairs, service or installation. Call us at (734) 375-1119 to schedule an appointment today!